Friday, June 1, 2012

sisters are great

So I got a really sweet text from my sister Emily, who had a baby about a month ago, and I wanted to share it on here because it made me happy. She said,

"I'm so excited for you to meet your little girl. I feel like people spend a lot of time talking about how babies are hard or you miss out on sleep or you're so busy, but I wish people talked more about how stinkin fun it is! It's the best feeling to get your baby from the crib after a nap or bathe them or watch all the other things they do. It never feels like a burden to me. You will love it." 

Seriously, she is the best mom and sister ever. She is always so positive, even when things are not perfect, and I admire that so much! It's so true that in general, people love to focus on the dramatic, crazy, or bad parts of life (just watch the news) but I love to take the time to focus on the completely wonderful parts that are sometimes simple, too. Good advice Emily. Very good.

And speaking of her, here is a picture of Emily and Robin with their babies yesterday at the splash pad in Alpine. They are such cute (and hot!) new mamas! 


My beautiful nephew Daniel.

1 comment:

  1. I just barely read this for the first time! You're so sweet :) Thank you, it was nice to hear :)

    ReplyDelete