This is the first goal on my list. To be more of that, up there. It is incredible that two small words, when given and accepted, work miracles: I'm sorry. I feel very blessed to never have gone through a huge ordeal when I had to forgive someone who had wronged me very badly. I hope I never have to. But I'm talking about the little everyday things. When someone comes in to work to get something done last minute, and yes, it's a tad frustrating, but it wouldn't kill me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Or when someone forgets to call me back, not to take it personally (I've sure as heck done this to people! Sorry!). I think forgiveness is more often than not about the little things more than the huge ones. I'm going to do something I don't usually do on a blog or facebook because I when I see it I usually think, "Why not just tell them personally?" But I'm going to brag about Chance. Because I feel like I have learned a lot about forgiveness from him already and that is why I have a goal to be better myself. Chance has a true talent for forgiveness. If we ever have an argument, he is usually the first to say sorry, even if it is me causing the problem. If I say I'm sorry, he takes it, no questions asked. He gives me hugs without reservation and forgives me so quickly. And I love it because he is the perfect balance. He is not a pushover, by any means (anyone who knows him, knows that he is straightforward about what he thinks ;)). He won't let me be a baby, and I love that (and need it) but he is so generous when it comes to forgiving and moving on. I love it and I love him. I'm very thankful for his example to me. And so I have a resolution to be more like that :)

You're too cute! Full of goodness & I think far too willing to forgive ;) kidding. Love you oodles
ReplyDelete