We went to this thing called "River of Lights" or something like that in NM. Personally...I remember most how freezing it was! But I admit, I also remember the fun I had walking around and holding Chance's hand and laughing with our friends...and so that helps block out the memories of freezing slowly and painfully ;)
Chance played lot's of hockey during our trip to Albuquerque, NM. It surprised me how much I loved watching him, doing this thing he loved. I could just see how happy it made him and that was so much fun to see! I love him! In this picture he's getting his skate fixed...some screw fell out I guess.
Us on Christmas morning :) It was a good one! It was my first one away from my family, which was a bit weird, but it was my first one with our family (Chance and I) so that made it wonderful.I also have to say that now that school has started again, I'm a bit more optimistic about it. During the break I was just dreading going back. Plus, the cold never helps my mood. But now that I'm back in classes, I am reminded that, yes, I do enjoy learning :) Thank goodness, because I'm studying to be a teacher. Liking to learn is one of the biggest pre-requisites for that kind of job. :) And while I'm still thoroughly jealous of those who are graduating soon, I can say that I am perfectly happy exactly where I am. It's hard not to anticipate and wish for the future but I also think it's vital to cherish now. I admit, it's more in my nature to plan and prepare and get caught up in that (that's why I think it's cruel irony that I had to wait two years for Chance, haha! Waiting is not always my strong point!), but I think I'm living more and more each day and that feels so good. That's one of my unofficial (if it's too official it might not happen haha) new year's resolutions, to live more each day, by just enjoying where I'm at now.
P.S. One of my new favorite songs! "Hold my Hand" by Akon and Michael Jackson. I've listened multiple times already. It's so happy to me!
Anna what semester of the program are you in? Are you effected by that huge change?
ReplyDeletealso i like that you like watching chance play hockey. i like watching james play soccer. the season starts soon. you guys should come to a game!
ReplyDelete