This is me two years ago.
I was at my friend Robin's wedding reception. Let's see how have I changed? At that moment in time, Chance had been gone...6 months? So yeah, I was still kind of an emotional baby. Well, I'm kind of emotional anyway :) At the same time, I was happy because 6 months seemed like huge milestone. In reality, it's not haha! But I didn't know that. Aside from waiting for a missionary, I think back then I was a little more reserved. That was probably due in part to having a missionary too. Anyone who's waited knows that it kind of becomes a huge part of your life. Even if things hadn't worked out for us I would still say those two years define me in a big way. So how am I now? I feel like I'm more comfortable in my own skin. I feel confident in my major, Elementary Education (back then I was still undeclared). I'm very happily married :) I have a job I LOVE so much more than the job I had then. I believe I am spiritually stronger. I have made numerous new friends, gained a new family, traveled around the world and back...so much happens in two years. And still, I have no regrets saying that I really think I myself haven't changed a ton. It's usually great to grow up and change in some big ways but I think my biggest changes happened when I graduated high school and came to college, which would be 3 years ago. All in all, I am happy with who I was and who I am. On a side note, this picture is kind of fun because I remember when I was there I thought, "Man I'd love to have my wedding reception here." And I did. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment