Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rex Lee Run 2010!

This was last year...and...
 
I am happy to say that I did this 10k for the second time in a row! Last year, I did it for the first time and loved it, so I went for it again this year. Good choice. I was a little worried because I didn't feel like I was in as good of running shape as last year (didn't run while in Ukraine) but surprisingly, I felt great the entire run and I actually beat my old time! I also achieved my goal of finishing in under an hour (I got about 54 minutes, I'll know it exactly when they're posted online). Last year I was a little over an hour, so that's why I had this goal this time around. I am happy with myself and proud of myself. I ran it with my wonderful friend KayAnna (who was also in the Ukraine group) and we were both so happy. Afterward, we were like "Hey, good job to us!" :) 6 miles isn't like a marathon or anything but it's the longest race I've ever ran, and it was a good amount for me. We'll see if I can eventually work up to a half marathon! (Oh baby...) Oh, and on a sidenote, they had the best bread for us after the run, along with lot's of other snacks. But dang it, I can't remember the brand of the bread! That helps a lot. KayAnna and I were like "We need another piece, let's go get another one!" :) It was a wonderful way to start a Saturday morning. Here are some pictures we took after the race!
And also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNA!!! Woohoo, 21! You are old! ;) I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment