Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not much to tell...but life is still good!

Hello! So, we're still not teaching yet, which is why there is less to tell about life here. But, surprisingly, this time off hasn't been as bad and boring as I expected. We've done more stuff as a group, which is awesome. This week we had a sleepover (I fell asleep in the movie, AS ALWAYS), we tutored some of the kids from our international branch who are also missing school, we walked around the city just for fun, we ate out at this yummy Japanese restaraunt, I tried sushi for the first time (it wasn't as bad as I expected for sure, but I can't say I loved it...I felt like a pig eating it because you kinda have to just stuff it all in in one bite!), we watched Dancing with the Stars and America's Next Top Model at our branch president's house (we watched it with his wife, not him, haha!), and we're learning how to knit (I started once, but took it out, so at this point, I have nothing done. But it will come eventually!). Today we are going to a Chernobyl museum here in Kiev. I'm really excited! I've heard it's pretty good. So, yes, that is life at the moment. Can't complain. School will probably be closed for at least another week so I'll probably have even more super fun crazy outrageous things to write about :) Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment