Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm 20!!!

I had such a wonderful birthday yesterday and I feel so loved so I had to write about it :) Emily and I have always said that we feel like we get taken care of and looked after so much here, when people have no obligation to help us so much, and I definitely felt that yesterday. The kids at school sang happy birthday to me (and said "Happy birthday teacher" over and over :)), I got flowers and chocolates and a phone call from the school coordinators, our Russian teacher gave me a little gift, my wonderful head teacher Jessica made me the best cookies and sang me a "special" birthday song (haha), I got some cards (Sister Gilstrap, if you're reading this, tell the Relief Society thank you so much!!!) and gifts from home, my host family made me a yummy cake, sang to me, and gave me the cutest gift(s): a mug that says "Anya" on it in Russian, a kitchen towel that is green and has sunflowers on it (two of my most favorite things, green and sunflowers), and a little craft they all made with a picture of us on it. I also got to talk to my mom for an hour and that was so wonderful! (I need to talk to you soon, Dad and Julie!) AND I got an amazing birthday email from Chance! :) (I'm still checking the mail to see if his letter makes it by some miracle) I feel like the most loved girl in the world. Even if I wasn't able to talk to you, I appreciate all of your love. I definitely feel it!

P.S. I also feel like I have the best birthday present in the world coming up. I'm going to the Ukraine v. Barcelona soccer game on Dec. 9. I. Am. Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment