Summer is awesome because it usually means more time with family! Last week we had the Elliott (Chance's mom's extended family) reunion in Idaho and it was so fun!! I had been planning to go with just myself and Kate because Chance had a big test that week for his Calculus class, work, and his GRE prep course was starting the Saturday just after the reunion. With the reunion being a little ways away we decided it was best he just stay home and focus on school. That was fine because I won the in-law lottery and get along great with Chance's family, but I was still a little bummed that he couldn't be there. We had an awesome first day hiking and spending time at Bear Lake (this was probably Kate's favorite) and after all of that I was in the hotel room with Kate around 10:30, just falling asleep when there was a knock at my door. I opened it to see Chance standing there! I was so shocked and excited! Turns out he got permission to take his test early and had gotten work off a long time ago so he drove up to surprise me! It was such a sweet surprise to see him there and I loved having him there the rest of the week.
Just a short summary of the reunion before pictures: we did a ton of stuff including hikes, Bear Lake, museums, another lake with a rope swing (I didn't have the best luck with that rope swing ;)), a chuck wagon dinner/show, and just hanging out and having so much fun together. I tried to get as many pictures as I could, but there are still a ton I missed! Oh well. The memories are the important part anyway. :)
^^^Allie and Kate just hanging out in the car. Allie goes on her mission to Moscow Russia in the fall!! If there was a girl who would make an incredible missionary it is Allie!!!^^^
^^^Stevie showing Christy the love :)^^^
Beach baby Kate. She is the sweetest.
^^^Trying to get an adorable picture of Reese and Kate...Kate wasn't really into it.^^^
^^^On the wagon ride up to dinner in Jackson Hole, Wyoming! This and Bear Lake were my favorite parts of the reunion!^^^
Kate loved the music during the show at dinner! I was happy because I knew she would either be crazy happy or crazy mad, because of how tired she was. I'm glad she chose crazy happy.
^^^Nick and Chaz were just some of our family who were chosen for parts of the show. It was so funny!^^^
These next ones are from after the official reunion, back at the Allen's house. We wanted to spend as much time together as possible, especially before Chaz leaves to Afghanistan in a couple weeks :)
^^^Baby Reese is Gerber-baby cute!^^^
^^^All but two of the Allen brothers!^^^
^^^This one cracks me up! Is Chaz kissing or hugging Chance?? You decide.^^^
^^^Sweet picture of Chaz hugging his mom^^^
^^^Joseph and Chaz^^^
^^^Chaz and Sara's super cute boys. And there is another boy on his way to join their family!^^^
^^^Mother-in-law jokes don't really apply to me. I love Debbie!^^^
This last one is with my sisters (all but Julie) out to lunch for Emily's birthday! Happy birthday Emily! 26 today!
No comments:
Post a Comment