Monday, July 29, 2013

Morgan Valley Marathon (10k, in our case) :)

This past Saturday, the 27th, my sister-in-law Jamie and I did a 10k race! I was so excited Jamie wanted to race together, because that is about 100 times more fun than racing by yourself. Also, her kids, Carson and Nixon, did the 5k! And our awesome friend Jake Welker did the half marathon!! Woot woot! It was a really fun day and it was perfect because it was cloudy. After working hard to prepare in hot, sunny days, that was a nice surprise. Especially since Jamie and I were both a tad nervous about how ready we were for it. But it all went great! We both finished under an hour (that was my personal goal, so yeah!) and finished within a minute of each other. Carson and Nixon also did amazing. And Jake? Yeah, I don't know his time but he's incredible for just finishing, in my book! I think he did do pretty good though. Well, enough talking, here's some pictures! Chance and Kate were our awesome supporters and Chance got some good pictures!

^^I was really struggling with the time chip for some reason :) ^^

^^Kate's feelings on waking up at 5:30^^



^^^On your mark, get set...^^

^^Go!!^^



^^Carson and Nixon took off for the 5k 30 minutes later at 7:30. I love this picture.^^

^^Coming up on the finish line!!!^^

^^I was actually feeling a lot better than I thought I would here.^^


^^Jamie and I finished pretty much together. I turned around and she was there crossing the finish line. So fun.^^


^^Go Carson and Nixon!^^



^^I hope my kids run races with me someday too :)^^


This was a really fun race and even more fun to do it with family! Can't wait for the next one Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment