Whenever someone asks me, "How are things lately?" it's always hard to answer. I feel like I always say the same, "Good, just work and Kate and Chance in school..." which is technically true. But every day is still so great, and that boring summary doesn't do my life justice. It's a lot more interesting than I am able to sum up in a few sentences, so I just resort to those same sentences. Does anyone else feel this way? Of course everyone's life is more than just the sum of routines they find themselves doing every day. It is so easy to get caught up in routine, but that shouldn't make us think that everyday moments are not special. So, on that note, here are some pictures of everyday routine things that are still special to me.
*
*
*
Taking pictures of Kate at Joseph and Katie's house. This is a special moment because we were spending it with family. Joseph and Katie are some of our favorite people to be with and not only that, but we were also with their beautiful baby girl, Reese. Joseph got out all of his super nice lights and helped us get some cute shots. Definitely special. (These are outtakes, Joseph has the real ones ;)
Bath time with Kate. Most people give their babies baths at night but I bathe Kate in the morning or daytime (depending on how lazy we are feeling). I'm never home in the evening because of work, so I do this during the day. One, because it saves Chance an extra step when putting Kate to bed without me (he has homework and a baby to juggle in the evenings-Superdad) and two because it is really a fun time that Kate and I share. I normally shower first, then pull her in the tub with me. We just recently got a bath mat so Kate can sit up on her own and she loves it. She's also gotten the hang of splashing!
I have to take her diaper off only at the last minute. Way too many towels have been peed on!
The Alfalfa money shot. One of the lesser known benefits to Kate's long hair.
She looks so lonely without her toys. I had to take them all out when I took pictures. Otherwise she will reach for them and tip over. It has happened and it freaked her out! And me!
Lastly, Kate's new crib. This is special because it makes Kate's room feel more like a baby room and she loves it! But more than that, it is special because it is a very generous gift from my sister. We appreciate it so so much and are extremely lucky to have wonderful family helping us out!
I have a goal to think of better things to say to answer that initial question. Life is way more than just "School and work."
No comments:
Post a Comment