Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just some of my thoughts...

So there is no real reason for me to write this. Nothing huge has happened that made me think to write this. It is just some thoughts I've been having, my opinion. It may just all spill out, haha. So sometimes I see things about people complaining about the way something is and saying, "It's not fair, it doesn't make sense." While I understand their point of view (it is easy to think someone/something else is at fault and that THAT is the thing that needs changing--I've done that many times), a big part of me wants to say, "Maybe you could change something personally that will make you see the situation in a better light." One person I met recently comes to mind when I think of this, in a good way. For one of my classes I have to meet with an ESL student and their family and just spend some time getting to know them. The girl that I will be working with is incredible, I can tell after just spending a few minutes with her. I won't go into detail, but long story short, she has not had the easiest of lives. She is only in elementary school but already she has developed this amazing attitude and sense of positivity. I'm sure there are things in her life that she does not fully understand but I think she trusts that one day she will. And that is such an admirable thing. It is so easy to get impatient and want to have all the answers now. I have heard it said that one of Satan's tactics is to get us so involved with big problems in the world, such as solving world hunger, that we may forget about important issues in our world, such as our family (of course I'm not saying solving world hunger is bad.. quite the opposite. But it can become a problem if it means we let our family fall by the wayside, if that makes sense). I think maybe it's the same with each of us individually. We can get so focused on changing and fixing things on a larger scale that we may neglect the smaller scale, such as our personal attitude. Does this make sense to anyone, haha? I guess I just got thinking of it because of the combination of meeting this girl and some things I have read recently.

2 comments:

  1. I see exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Anya, I just love your outlook on life. You're so... good. There is just no other word for it. I'm so glad to have a friend like you!

    ReplyDelete