Tuesday, May 24, 2011

8 months

In honor of 8 months of marriage, here's a compilation of 8 things I have learned and am learning.

1. It is pretty awesome to have a best friend forever...literally.
2. You will see the best and the worst and they will see the best and the worst. Both choose to focus on the best.
3. Laughter really is the best medicine.
4. Sometimes cuddling on the couch takes priority over the dishes.
5. They always say it's best to hold your tongue. Personally, I think it's super easy to be stubborn and clam up. Oftentimes, the hard part is talking. But that's the most important part. Talk it out, it makes it feel better. But also be willing to let go and forgive.
6. Comforting hugs are also the best medicine. Be sure to give lots of them!
7. It is true that girls and guys communicate differently. Just a fact of life. But that's also what can makes things really funny!
8. Have each other's back. Believe they will have yours and always have theirs. You married your best friend, your lover. Not someone who secretly has your worst interest at heart.

I love being married. Of course I loved my life before marriage too, but I am just loving this new adventure. It may quite possibly be the best thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment