Today, after the first hour of church, Kate was super fussy and tired. Usually I can get her to sleep at church but she was not having it today. So we took her out for a drive the second hour. Now, I'm glad we did because while we were out, we got these awesome pictures:
These may not seem that cool to anyone but us, but let me assure you, this is a pretty significant location for Chance and I. These are our dorms freshman year, the place where we met, hung out, and fell in love (at least for the first time-I like to think I've fallen in love with Chance many times, not to sound all cheesy but in all seriousness I really have! I first loved him freshman year, but I loved him in a new way when he was on his mission, when we got married, when we had Kate...does anyone else feel this way about people they love?) I'm so glad we got these pictures for two reasons. One, because they are just nice to have, but more importantly, we may not ever see these places again because they are tearing down these old dorms and replacing them with new ones! In fact, our two buildings are some of the few left standing so we were really lucky to still have the chance to take these! The top picture is us at the base of Chance's stairs where we kissed for the first time! The one with me is on Chance's dorm stairs (Maeser) and the one with Chance is him in front of my dorm (Penrose). We were right across from each other and it was fun to live so close. Man, that year was something! We both agree it was our favorite year of college. Maybe just in a small part because it's when we found each other.
Oh, and another plus to taking that drive: Kate fell asleep!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment