So I've been thinking lately that I really want two things and I can't have both of them. I want to see everyone I love back home. But I also want to take my host family with me. This is not possible. You see the problem. I have just 8 weeks left here, and one of those is a vacation week. It's hard to believe that. In honor of being about halfway through (don't know if it's exact) I thought I'd make a small list of things I'll miss here and things I miss from home. To show how mixed my feelings are :)
What I'll miss here:
1. Coming home to my host kids jumping on me and hugging me.
2. Lyuda's yummy recipes.
3. The kids I teach. I'll miss the random hilarious stuff that comes out of their mouths sometimes and I'll miss the cute little faces of the tiny kids.
4. Our international branch here. It is amazing. I wonder if I'll like going to church when I get back home :P
5. My host dad Jenya's sense of humor.
6. Watching Russian or Czech cartoons with Yulia and Illia.
7. Climbing our 9 flights of stairs to our apartment :)
8. Seeing missionaries in the internet cafe.
9. Trying to figure out how to read signs around town. It's a brain workout!
10. Mailing letters at the post office. Or buying things at the store. It's always kind of a challenge to communicate when buying stuff or mailing letters but it's still kind of entertaining.
Things I miss at home:
1. Driving in a CAR to get places.
2. Understanding people when they are talking to me :)
3. Public restrooms you don't have to pay for or that aren't squatter toilets.
4. Taking a shower standing up.
6. Familiar American food.
7. People! All you guys I love!
Okay, I'd better go for now. The computer will kick me off soon. Hope everyone is awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment