Friday, September 18, 2009

Life is Good

So I just love my host family here. They are one of the best parts of this whole experience. They also have wonderful friends, which I think is a good sign :). Friends have been visiting this past week and I noticed something. Everyone is so kind and happy and friendly! Last night, there were 7 adults and 3 little kids in this tiny little apartment...and yet, everyone was still just so content. I loved that. I want my house to be like that when I have visitors, to just be comfortable and open. It was great. They also have a custom here where if you ever go to visit someone's house, you bring some type of gift for them, like food and dessert. I think that is so fun! I like it a lot. I like a lot of things about Ukraine. But especially living with this family and experiencing a part of the way they live.

Our big trip/vacation is only one week away. Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic and Germany here I come! Can't wait.

Other than that, life is just good and going. I'm really enjoying getting to know the kids I teach a little better every day. It's a challenge, yet still so fun. All in all, I am really happy to be here!

2 comments:

  1. I want my house to be like that too....

    You'll have to come visit me and tell me how I'm doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your home! We gotta make it happen! I'm sure it's just like that :)

    ReplyDelete