Monday, November 28, 2011

"I am thankful for..."

I heard this poem on Sunday and I love it. I've heard variations before, but it's still so good every time.

"I am thankful for...
...the mess to clean up after the party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
...the taxes I pay because it means I am employed.
...the clothes that fit a little too snug
because it means I have enough to eat.
...my shadow who watches my work
because it means I am out in the sunshine.
...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking.
...all the complaining I hear about our government
because it means we have freedom of speech.
...my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
...the lady behind me in church who sings off key
because it means that I can hear.
...the piles of laundry and ironing
because it means my loved ones are near by.
...a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.
...the alarm that goes off early in the morning hours
because it means that I am alive.
...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means I have been productive.
...the pain of a broken heart because it means I have been in love.
...a family who seems to know all of my business
because it means they care about me.
...a family full of differences because it means we are all unique."

Good stuff. I had a great break, did you? Even if I did wake up by at least 8 every morning, just because I can't sleep in anymore, it is so great to wake up just cause my body wants to, not cause my alarm told me to :) We went to the Allens and had a great time just hanging out and relaxing most of the time. My idea of vacation is doing less, not more. Some highlights: seeing Kage, my brother-in-law! I'll bet you are reading this Kage, huh. Eating TONS OF FOOD. I could not have asked for a better birthday dinner. Oh, speaking of, turning 22 was a highlight for sure! Chance got me She's the Man and we stayed up too late one night, just us two, watching it and reminiscing of freshman year-another highlight. For some reason we watched that a lot freshman year together (probably cause your movie supply is limited in college) and it's held a special place ever since. Other highlights: seeing my little sister Julie!!! I want to see her so much more than I do. Decorating the Christmas tree at the Allens. Going to Costco with Stephen, my brother-in-law, and my mother-in-law, and watching Stevie try tons of samples that he just did not like haha! He'd take a bite and mumble, "Uh uh, here" handing them over. Buying lot's of good looking shirts for Chance for Christmas. I couldn't resist giving him one right away but the rest he has to wait for! Playing baseball together. I like playing baseball, unlike a lot of sports ;) Well, this is probably getting long and boring so to sum up, IT WAS ALL AWESOME. And every day should be a holiday-season day.

Guilty pleasure: Justin Bieber Christmas songs. Chance gags every time I put them on, but that is A-ok.

Try out this song, too. One of my favorites, just made even better! SONG

Gotta go do homework. Don't be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment